My 108th Birthday


My 108th Birthday

Many happy returns I told myself.  No-one else seemed to notice and even my lovely choir friends forgot to sing “Happy Birthday” to me

My very first service was on 17th September 1911.  If you buy the Book about Me (I’ve already told you about that) you can see what the Shrewsbury Chronicle said about the service dedicating me to service in this lovely Abbey building.  Apparently I have “beautiful soft tone”.  Definitely!  And that is still the case

And on that day I was only partially complete - and of course that is still the case, and has been so for all my 108 years

The newspaper also spotted that £700 had already been raised towards the expected cost of £850.  And do you know it is still the case that a lot of money has already been raised towards the cost of sorting out my wheezing pneumatics, but still more is needed.  Mind, I’m not sure how far that £700 would go these days

But yes, I’m now officially in my 109th year.  And what a year it’s going to be with lots of exciting things happening, and by my next birthday, a lot of work will have been done and I will be sounding even better, if that is possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!