Another spectacular recital


Another spectacular recital

I’ve already told you about the wonderful organists coming to play me, your friend Hillie, each month.  These are international recitalists!  They are used to playing the top organs in Great Britain and abroad.  Yet here they come, to help put me on the map, and to help raise money for my renovation and completion.

The second of these organists played just recently.  This was Miss Catherine (Ennis) and she played music all about angels including one piece by my most favourite of all composers, Sir Edward

Her playing was just marvellous.  She made me sound as if I was young again, and brought out all sorts of sounds I hadn’t heard in many a year

And so many people had come to hear me, and hear her play.  My friends counted more than 120 people, and I’m sure there were other folk lurking in corners

All that is amazing.  Also amazing is that I’m told Miss Catherine played in her winter coat.  Now I don’t complain about the cold (actually I prefer the Abbey not to be hot!) but I can’t remember anyone else playing a recital in coat and scarf!

This was a wonderful occasion and as ever, I tried my absolute best to keep up, but with Miss Catherine playing I did find it a bit of a challenge.  Apparently someone called TT is playing next month’s recital and I hope he attracts even more people to come and hear me.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!