Saturday concerts

Saturday concerts

After Mr Gary’s wonderful work, there are now lots of opportunities to hear my sounds

You can come to hear me every Sunday, at weddings and funerals, at special services and when one of my organist friends is practising (as you know practice is essential, especially as there are no longer any excuses for wrong notes as all my keys and pedal notes work perfectly)

There are also some sound clips available if you know where to look!  So, if you want to imagine getting married in this wonderful building, and would like to process out to the well-known wedding march, listen to some of it on the Abbey’s www page  -   I’m told www is world wide web, but I guess all my switched on, modern friends know that

Now, on alternate Saturdays throughout the year, there is a concert at noon.  Most of these feature your friend Hillie, but to add some variety and interest, some of the concerts are by singers or other instrumentalists

There are musicians coming from all over the country to play these concerts.  For example, just the other day there was an organist from Glasgow, and later in the year organists from Buckfast and Doncaster are coming.  Some of the organists are already my friends, having played here when I was still incomplete and wheezing - now they can hear me just as Mr William had intended all those years ago

So do please come to hear one of these concerts, especially if it involves me.  You don’t have to pay to come, but if you are able to contribute towards Mr Gary’s work, that would be much appreciated

Editor: see this page for details of upcoming concerts  https://www.shrewsburyabbey.com/events/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A book about me!

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)