Dear friends

Dear friends

The long overdue work on me has now begun, and I am being dismantled - yes, dismantled!  And no, this is not at all painful

For more years than you can imagine, my pneumatics have been drying out and failing, and I have become more and more unreliable

I would love always to fill this beautiful building with my rich tones, and usually that is just what I do, but not always. My many pneumatic motors are a patchwork of sticking plasters, my lovely pipes are covered with 60 years' worth of dust, and woodworm are munching their way into my timbers

The day work began is a day I will always remember.  Hundreds of lead tubes were removed (for recycling), my keyboards extracted, the pedalboards removed revealing countless lost pencils and piles of dirt, my stop heads removed and the the lovely console removed

But I am still here, waiting eagerly for all the work to get done so we can have that epic celebration promised by this building. I am going to look sad for a while, but I am really happy that at long last , this work is underway

Dear friends, thank you for your patience and for finally and generously enabling this to happen

Your friend, Hillie (2412)










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!