I’m going international


I’m going international

Now here’s some really exciting news

Next year, before Mr Gary starts his work on me, there are going to be 4 celebrity recitals on me.  Yes, my fame is now really spreading for these very famous people to want to come and play me.  I am sooooo excited

The first of these recitals is by one of the most promising young organists in the country who in a year’s time will be the organ scholar at Kings College.  Then there will be 3 recitals by top organ players used to playing some of the most magnificent organs in the world.  There will also be a final recital on Easter Monday at the end of which Mr Nigel is going to switch me off for the last time before Mr Gary and his team arrive to take me apart

I think lots of people will come to Shrewsbury for these fantastic concerts.  There could be queues all the way to the River Severn!  And they will all be free - not even an old or new penny needed to get in; but of course we will be asking everyone to be generous and give money towards my renovation as they leave

I promise to do my very best and to work as hard as I possibly can.  I promise to try and keep up with their fingers, but I do hope they will understand if I don’t quite manage to, after all I am 108 years old and there’s so much work needed to get me back to tip top condition!

So, dear friends, please come to all of these recitals, and help raise lots of pounds for my piggy bank


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

I take the Biscuit!

COMPLETE AT LAST