What a bargain!

What a bargain!

Fame!

This grand old lady is now a national TV star!

You might have heard of a TV programme called Bargain Hunt, in which people dressed in blue or red go hunting for bargains, and then sell them at auction for more (or less) than they have paid

No, Hillie didn’t take part in the hunting/auctioning part of the show, and I didn’t have to dress in either blue or red, but instead I starred in the middle section of the programme

Have a look!  You can see some of my lovely pipes, see how proudly I sit in this beautiful ancient building and hear how impressive I can sound when playing some of Bach’s organ music

Give the programme a go

And of course I am a real bargain - and such good value for money.  In 1911 I cost the sum of £1,100 (and OK it cost just a bit more than that to complete me 110 years later) but I’ve no idea what price an auctioneer would get for me now!

Editor:  Bargain Hunt series 61, Shrewsbury 9, first broadcast Friday 4 March 2022

Click here to watch (for a while) ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!