Pedals

 

Pedals

 

Dear follower, I’ve already told you about my rather grubby keyboards and how they now look fantastic

 

Well, my pedals were also not looking very good.  Except they were a good source of food for all the munchers underneath  -  I quite sustained a whole colony of munching insects, so much so that there wasn’t a great deal left of some of my pedal sticks

 

So they have had to be replaced

 

And also new springs had to be added.  My organist friends were complaining that pedalling had become such hard work (it’s always hard I’m told but, with worn springs, the pedals were not responding to vigorous shoe technique) and so they also had to have attention

 

Did you know that organists’ feet also have toe levers to press  -  just as fingers and thumbs have buttons to push   -  so that stops pop out or in.  And a further complication is that organists’ feet have to control the shutters for my two pipe boxes. For some reason, those shutter controls were in the wrong place, and needed to be brought in to the centre of the pedal board

 

But again, you have to look hard to see these changes  -  Mr Gary has been so particular to make sure the whole console looks almost exactly as it was in 1911

 

All that has happened and, dear organists, there is now no excuse whatever for wrong notes.  I know you’ll say its all very difficult, that you’re so busy following The Beat that you are distracted from what your feet are doing, that French composers make unrealistic demands on your technique (and too many demands on listeners too I think), but my pedals are now THE BEST.  No less than complete accuracy is good enough for me.  There, I’ve upset you all……………………………..?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

Let’s talk trunks