Bent pipes

 Bent pipes

 

I know you’re wondering about all the different pipes I have  -  all the different shapes and sizes  -  and will write some words about this.  But first, great news, for Mr Gary has just managed to work out the angles on some pipes that weren’t straight 

 

Mr William, who did know best, gave me some lovely 8’ stringy sounding pipes for my choir division.  These pipes still look lovely, but in 1958, when all my beautifully clear sounding choir flue pipes were hidden away in a box with shutters, the largest ones didn’t fit  -  so 12 bass pipes were dismembered, and then stuck back together again at odd angles, in order to fit inside this smallish box.  What a mistake that was; the pipes didn’t really fit and we lost much of our sound, and the shutters on the front side of the box were never able to open properly

 

Anyway, that’s in the past for, as I’ve already told you, nice Mr Gary was put all these flue pipes back outside the box where once again they will sound perfectly. 

 

But what to do with my 12 oddly shaped pipes, because they don’t stand up straight, and need supporting.  Mr Gary is of course Mr Ingenious as well.  And of course he didn’t want to cut them apart again, as that might do even more damage, so he found a spare corner near the rest of my choir vision pipes, where he was able to prop them up as they go round a corner

 

This is just one example of how much better I’m going to sound when fully back together again.  And I’ll never know why 60 years ago anyone should think it a good idea to stuff lovely clear sounding pipes into an ill-fitting box.  These pipes are a delight as you will soon discover………….   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

Let’s talk trunks