Missing ranks.

 As you know, dear friends, Mr William realised that my pedal division needed more weight, but in all my 109 years, it is the pedal division that has been the weakest

 

All that is about to change

 

Two missing ranks of pipes are a violone stop, and a cello stop.  Now in my youth I was very familiar with both of these stops, and Mr William was very fond of them.  They should be made from wood, and with a slight stringy sound so that they add colour to the heavier sounds coming from the other pedal pipes.  Mr Gary has just the right pipes to give me a violoncello stop, and a new friend Mr Jeffrey has made an octave of beautiful wooden pipes to give me the much needed violone sound.  These pipes are heavy, and I think there will have to be a team of people to lift the largest 12 pipes up to the highest part of my new platform

 

Mr William also intended me to have a row of trombone pipes, which he would have made from wood.  Again, these were left out, but Mr William’s drawing shows where they should be.  These are also being prepared for me, and an extra bottom octave of very large wooden pipes is being made in York, and these will be delivered to my Abbey very soon.  I’m told the lowest (largest) pipe will rumble deep down (at 16 hz whatever that means!) and really make its presence felt.  An even bigger team of helpers will be needed to get these up into place

 

I’m sure people will flock to hear my new colours, and will really want to hear these new rumbly deep pipes  -  and they will be so nice to look at that Miss Isla could have queues of people at the bottom of my access ladder wanting to go up




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

Let’s talk trunks