Access arrangements.



 You might now be wondering how all my new and old bits fit together, and how easy it will be to get around my insides

 

Mr William must have been slim, and a mountaineer even, for he left some rather narrow ladders to get up to the top of my swell box  -  the shape of which is like a “bonnet” with sloping top-sides designed not as a slide (too high up of course) but to focus sound 

 

Mr Stephen is busy making new ladders and access arrangements.  The additional platform is just where quite a high ladder used to take tuning people up to my platform, so new steps are needed.  And I’m told that nowadays there are much stricter rules about safety and access, and so I need rightly to be brought up to date

 

New handrails too are being installed, and right at the top of some of the biggest pipes.  One of these rails is to be made from my old wind pump, apparently discovered in my basement area, completely covered by dust and other debris, and sadly discarded/lost when no longer used in 1921

 

A new friend Miss Isla is keen to see all these new access arrangements, ladders and rails in place as she thinks I should have visitors.  I’ll have to be on best behaviour if Miss Isla does persuade people they should venture inside  -  but to see my lovely shiny, sparkly, clean pipes that’s just what needs to happen.  For the last 109 years I’ve only seen my organ playing friends and tuning people, so this will be a new and exciting opportunity for everyone




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

Let’s talk trunks