Gaunt?

Gaunt?

 

As you know dear friends, for the last few weeks I have been covered in poles and boards.  This isn’t a new trend in organ design (although I know there are a lot of newfangled ideas around, but nice Mr Gary is going to keep all those modern ideas at bay) but was to give Mr Gary’s henchpeople access to the very highest of all my lovely features

 

And to the surprise of many people, one of the new views has been of a hideaway, high up beyond my lovely large open wood pipes.  Known only to me and to my organ playing friends, this spot has been an ideal place for passing away long sermons and avoiding some of the excesses of French choral music

 

These high boards (not for diving) have given access to much of the high level stonework and to ledges and crevices in this ancient building.  Henry has been very busy cleaning wherever he could

 

Mr Gary and Mr Simon have been so busy polishing up my case, and cleaning my bonnet box, and everything is gleaming in the sunlight

 

Now the boards and poles have come down.  All my lovely metal pipes, chests, trunks and tubes have been removed, and I am stripped down to the bare essentials  -  although the front case and remaining wood pipes positively gleam with cleanliness  -  and you might feel I look gaunt and empty

 

Not a bit of it.  Yes, there is now a massive space in my nether regions but I know there are plans for that to be used.  I also know that Mr Gary plans to add bits to my platform so that he can add those pipes that Mr William always intended should be there. And of course all the empty spaces on my frame will soon be filled back up again with gleaming pipes, sparkling actions and modern switches

 

Gaunt?  -  not at all!  Optimistic, full of promise and eager anticipation  -  definitely!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

What a bargain!