Robin


Robin

One of my recent posts was about my friends here in the Abbey.  Now I’ve news of someone else who’s been visiting me, who has heard the fame of my lovely sounds

Yes, a lovely red breasted Robin has been visiting the Abbey just to say hello to me, and provide me with some company

His friendliness has nothing to do with the biscuit crumbs Mr Gary has been leaving him, or the drops of water in the sink in the kitchen area.  No, he’s had a lovely time flying around in this vast space, with sun streaming in and, of course all creature (i.e. bird) comforts to hand

But here’s a mystery.  Where is he coming in and going out?  I know he has his own entrance for he’s twice been enticed back into the fresh air at the west door and each time has re-appeared, chirping happily.  And he disappears for long periods and, unless he’s got a secret roosting spot somewhere, I think he goes back to his family to share news of his expeditions into this great building

No matter.  He is lovely company and an extra diversion for nice Mr Gary and his henchpeople  -  and maybe Mr Robin will take out some new and exciting tunes, french of course!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

What a bargain!