Locked down


Locked down

It’s very boring not having any visitors, and not having anyone here to sing, play or make music

There have been many major events over my 108 years, but nothing quite like this has ever happened before

So what am I doing, all on my own, here in this beautiful empty building

Well, I dream.  I dream about life as a complete, fully working organ, fully realising my huge potential and the vision that Mr William had all those years ago   (Ah, Hillie, that’s so sweet  -  Ed)

And when I’ve stopped dreaming, I count.  There is so much here that can be counted

I can count the number of trains screeching past on the nearby railway bend, or the cars whizzing past my building.  You might like to count sheep (I’m told that’s a regular pastime for people) but as I can’t see or hear any, then I have to count something else

Or I can count the number of lead tubes fitted by Mr William, all of which are due to be discarded by Mr Gary and new technology used instead.  I could also count the number of lovely pipes I have, or even the number of pipes that have been missing all these years

Or I can just count down the number of days it is until I am a fully renovated, fully functioning, fully complete old lady.  And when lock down has ended, and Mr Gary has finished all his work, won’t there just be such a celebration!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

What a bargain!