Carols again!


Carols again!

Once again its carol time

I love this time of the year.  We have a lot of young people coming in to sing carols (and maybe also play with some of those lumpy bricks I’ve told you about).  There are lots of other people coming in for all the special services and for concerts.  There will even be Mr George’s Messiah yet again, and what can be better than that.  We have candles, a Christmas tree with lots of lovely lights, and a crib scene

Will everyone realise this is my last Christmas before all that important work starts?

Yes, I’ve had 108 Christmasses, 108 years of trying my best to help people sing their favourite music, 108 years of not being able to do that as well as I’d liked.  As you know, some of my most important pipes were never added, despite space having been left by Mr William.  And, as you know, my wheezing pneumatic motors have been getting more and more ragged as the leather flaps dry out.  (I do think I’ve done remarkably well to give such good service for all of 108 years)

This time next year everyone will notice the difference, even the work hasn’t quite been finished

What a fantastic year it’s going to be!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

Let’s talk trunks