A new friend!


A new friend!

I thought you’d like to know I have a new friend  -  yes!

The other day, that nice Mr Gary brought along equally nice Mr Colin to look at my woodwork, my keys and my buttons.  It seems he’s an expert on all those things!

I didn’t realise how much work needed to be done.  There are numerous holes in my wood faces (caused by things being added to me and then removed), there are unsightly blocks of wood that should never have been added, and there is a driving mirror that ought to be binned as completely unsightly, inappropriate and useless.  My lovely ivory keys are worn in the middle (where my organist friends prefer to play, avoiding those keys which are harder to reach!) and the lettering on my draw stops is also wearing out

So nice Mr Colin will sort all that out next year when Mr Gary carries out all his work on me

And they are both going to be careful not to change my character.  As you know I’m a grand old Edwardian lady at heart, and not some brash youngster full of clashing sounds and all the modern trim.  I’m going to insist that Mr William’s intentions are realised, but using new technologies sensibly and appropriately.  I really don’t want to turn into something full of the wizardry of new organs, and I’m sure that won’t happen, with the care and attention to detail that Mr Colin will bring


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!