A book about me!


A book about me!

Yes, I’m going to be even more famous than I already am, because there is soon going to be a book about me!

Because of all the work that there’s going to be next year, Mr Nigel has looked into dusty files and envelopes to see what he can find out about Mr William’s plans and the changes that have been made since I was installed in 1911

He’s even found out a little more about the old organ that was in this lovely building for the 105 years before me.  Now here’s a secret, and I’m not telling (yet!).  As you know, Mr William called me 2412.  That’s my official Job Number, and I know that because it’s stamped on to my timbers in various places.  Mr William said that he would re-use some pipes from the older organ when he made me.  I’m the only one that knows whether or not he was able to do that, but next year, my secret will be revealed


But other secrets are no longer quite so secret.  In a vault in the nearby Cadbury library (I thought Cadbury just made chocolate, so how wrong was that) plans and drawings by my lovely Mr William have been found, and these show where he was going to put my missing pipes. Now I know people have guessed where they would go, but now they know for sure

Also in the envelope was an original drawing from 1937 by Sir Charles, when his ideas for a new organ case for the chancel side were given to the Abbey.  Sadly his idea for making the casework pipes out of gold wasn’t accepted, and I’ve no idea why 

 Do look out for the Book about Hillie (that’s me!) later this year, and learn about all my secrets.  And this year, when you are wondering what to put in those Christmas stockings, buy this book.  Your family and friends will really enjoy it!  I know it might not fit in all stockings - the corners might be difficult to get in - but I’m sure you can find a way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)