Mid summer again


Mid summer again

I don't like the heat.  Despite trying my very best, it saps my energy and I start to run out of wind, so the largest of my lovely pipes don't get enough air to show themselves off properly.

I much prefer it to be raining and damp.  June this year was lovely.  It was one of the very dampest summer months I’ve ever seen.  It’s poured with rain.  It’s drizzled with mizzle.  And the sun took itself off to more welcoming places

People complain when its wet  -  not me!  Whenever it’s wet, all that leather binding all my little motors can breathe again.  This lovely Abbey building gets an extra acoustical bounce.  And I sound even better than usual.  But that's only until they put the heating back on  -  that’s always bad news for me, and I’d much rather people put jumpers, coats hats and gloves on when visiting, and for the heating to be left off

So here we are in August again.  The hot weather is taking its toll and I can't wait for a damp autumn to come round again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind (not a repeat!)

Summer madness

What a bargain!