Choir holiday

Choir holiday

Now its summer, those lovely people in the choir have a month off and I won't be seeing them again until September

But its a bus-people's holiday for them because last weekend they sang in a beautiful large church in Bristol  -  St Mary Redcliffe.  They sang some of my most favourite music  -  by Stanford, Sumsion and Wood  -  but also some more modern music, although for once not french!

And I'm told the organ there has over 4,000 pipes, 4 keyboards, lots of buttons (which work) and 32 foot stops!  That's over twice as large as me, and its so big there are some pipes they can't use very often in case they are too noisy for visitors.  Mr Nigel was spoilt for choice over which of the many pipes to use first.

But just think how I will sound, in this fantastic building, once I've been renovated and all my missing pipes installed.  I only need another 500 pipes to make all the difference so please keep money coming in to swell the coffers

Organ at St. Mary Redcliffe, Bristol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

I take the Biscuit!

COMPLETE AT LAST