Is something planned for me?


Is something planned for me?

Rumour has reached me that plans are afoot. 

It might be that all that accumulated dirt will be removed, my lovely pipes cleaned, solonoids brought in to replace some of the yards (not metres!) of lead tubes, and the whole console brought back to how it looked when Mr William made me

There’s even talk of the space at the front of my top (swell) box being filled with trumpety stops from a cousin organ that’s no longer needed

This is sooooo exciting and I can’t wait for it to happen. It will make such a difference to the sound I produce and will make me much more reliable

But I’m also told that this will cost many pounds, and the piggy bank hasn’t yet got enough money to cover it all, although we do already have a lot of money stored away

I remember something similar in 1911.  When I was installed, there wasn’t enough money to complete Mr William’s scheme, and even now I am still waiting for some of my most important pipes as I’ve already told you

So my fingers, keys and motors are firmly crossed and I really do hope that after so many years, I can become the even more wonderful organ Mr William intended


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!