Do I need rules


Do I need rules

The other day one of the choir men  -  Mr Mike  -  found a copy of the rules for a French organ.  Here’s a picture of them

Well there are two problems with these.  They’re written in French, which shouldn’t be a surprise, and there are too many of them

My rules are simple  -  and there are only 11 of them

·         No matches or smoking
·         No extra heating  -  I prefer it to be cold rather than too hot
·         No spitting
·         No controversial politics
·         No eating or drinking inside or at the console
·         No visits to the nearest pub during sermons
·         No more dust please
·         No more temporary patches
·         No access upstairs to my innards for anyone of weak or excess disposition
·         No swearing about my delicate state of health
·         No modern French music

If all you lovely organists stick to these rules, we’ll get along just fine.  We’ll get along even better if you can finally give me a long overdue clean and get me back to how I used to be!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!