Mice in the loft?


Mice in the loft?

One of the choir men has asked if I’ve got any mice running around my insides

It’s true that a top note on my lovely clarinet stop has got a little “cheep” but I suspect that’s because some dirt has got into the pipe rather than a mouse

And it’s also true that when my friends, the organists, play on the bottom (choir) organ, there are some rattles from the side which sound quite like mouse squeeks.  I can assure you I’m not trying to develop the sort of “chiff” that’s typical of older continental organs

This unlikely menagerie is further complicated by some of my reed stops sounding so out-of-tune that Mr Gary thought we had sheep in the loft as well

But there is no menagerie, just me, your friendly Hillie2412 doing my very best to produce lovely blended tones, despite the age of all my actions.  One day I hope all of that will be sorted out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

A book about me!

Wind (not a repeat!)