Its happened again!


Its happened again!

Oh dear.  My buttons have gone wrong again

These are the buttons that sit underneath my top two keyboards.  Push them in and out pop stops, and in go any stops not needed

But after 110 years, the pneumatic motors that make this happen are more than a little worn and it can be a little irritating for the people playing me. Remember I told you that Mr Brian got quite upset?  Well he wasn't playing on Easter Sunday afternoon, and it was another set of buttons this time  -  the ones under my middle keyboard  -  and at the moment it looks as if they don't work at all.

So on Easter Sunday Mr Nigel had to use his hands to pull out stops or push them in.

I must tell you that these buttons are of the highest quality.  Not for me the rows and rows of buttons doing all sort of fancy things, which is great for that modern French music.  No, I have two rows only of four very classy buttons under each of the top two keyboards, and I hope that's how it stays.  Mr William could easily have made more but he thought four was quite enough thank you.

It would however be nice for them to work a bit more reliably. But after 108 years, without much attention, just what do you expect?
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

I take the Biscuit!

COMPLETE AT LAST