Kind people


Over the years some very kind people have been very generous and given money to the Abbey for some of my missing pipes to be given to me

That happened in 1937 and some trumpety Posaune pipes were added to my middle keyboard.  The Abbey also found a set of very fat metal pipes called diapason, also for my middle keyboard, and these were also added.  But unfortunately they are not at all what Mr William had in mind so do not blend with the lovely pipes he made

Also in 1945, Sir Charles added casework to my front.  This greatly improved my appearance and still looks magnificent

Then, in 1945, some missing pipes were added to the top keyboard.  But at the same time, one of my most lovely sets of pipes, the oboe, was moved down the row to make them sound deeper, and 12 lovely little pipes were taken out and discarded.  It is such a pity that this happened and I hope that someone will move the pipes back up the row



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind (not a repeat!)

Summer madness

What a bargain!