I was telling you about my pipes


I was telling you about my pipes

Mr William made sure they work together and sound beautiful.  But a lot has happened in this building in the last 100 years and it is now over 50 years since anyone gave my pipes a good clean.  So now, if you climb up inside me, you can see layers of dust on the pipes, and I’m afraid many of them look jolly battered.  I still do my best to produce lovely sounds, but I could do so much better and sound much brighter if all my pipes were given a good clean and polish, just like your teeth!

And I’m afraid enough air doesn’t always work its way around my insides to get to the pipes.  Over the years, my leather hinges have decayed and my lungs are leaking  -  yes, I’m a wheezy 100 year old lady now  -  and despite all the attention given to me by that nice young Mr Gary, I can’t give of my best




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

Let’s talk trunks