And the other day there was a real calamity


And the other day there was a real calamity 

I’ve already told you that in my tenth year, they replaced my choirboy wind pump with a large electric blower with a switch by someone called Bob.  That worked well for over 90 years but the motor then had to be replaced with a new fangled one  -  in fact there are now two electric blowers doing the work of Bob

But the wind mechanisms were never removed and were left perilously close to the largest of my wind storage areas

Well, the other day when Mr Nigel came to try out some of that modern music he seems to like, these old redundant mechanisms fell onto the wind store, completely jamming it and making it impossible for me to draw breath

My Gary had to drive all the way here from Hereford and soon fixed me up, but it just goes to show that someone needs to get all of my insides sorted.  We do not want a repeat of that episode  -  although it did mean that Mr Nigel couldn’t play any of that ghastly modern music for a while, for which much relief!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

Wind (not a repeat!)

A book about me!