The Abbey building


I would also like to say something about the Abbey building

I sit on the north side of the new (1890s) Chancel.  Looking to the east I see Mr John’s High Altar and directly across from me, I speak into a lovely small Lady Chapel

Looking west I see the history of the Abbey in its stone work.  At the far west end is a glorious 14th century window and the space where the old organ once sat.  In the nave I look at massive 11th century Norman arches, built by William the Conqueror’s friend Roger de Montgomery, but the upper stories of the nave have had to be restored by Mr John

Outside I am told much of the original Norman Abbey complex has been destroyed and for over 300 years, the building was in a very poor state until Mr John sorted it all out

My position on the north side of the Chancel gives me splendid views of the inside of the building, and I am fortunate to have a huge amount of space  -  space to allow my lovely sounds to blend, mingle and pass out into the building, but also space for many more pipes to be added as funding permits.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

A book about me!

Wind (not a repeat!)