Hello and welcome to my blog.


Hello and welcome to my blog. 

Let me introduce myself.  My official name is 2412.  When I was made in Mr William’s Islington workshop, he stamped that number on some of my timbers and pipes.  So that’s my proper name but you can call me Hillie.

I am over 100 years old.  I was made for Shrewsbury Abbey in 1911 and they paid £850 for me.  I replaced an older inferior pipe organ which was no longer up to the job of accompanying and assisting congregational worship in the recently extended building.

On 17 September 1911 I was introduced to the Abbey congregation and was told I was just beautiful.   A week later, the Shrewsbury Chronicle (they didn’t have social media in those days) carried a report on my first services which made me feel so proud and pleased with the lovely work by Mr William



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

A book about me!

Wind (not a repeat!)