As I have said, I am over 100 years old.


As I have said, I am over 100 years old.  So I am now old and a little tired

When Mr William made me, I had all the latest technology. I am, yes! pneumatic  -  that was a real wow at the time.  As well as keys and levers, I was made with lots of lovely lead tubes, so that compressed air could rapidly pass around me, and up into my pipes

Mind this was hard work on the choirboys who had to take it in turns to pump air into me and sometimes they were too enthusiastic and made me work far too hard.  I was 10 years old before anyone thought of replacing those choirboys with a big electric motor but they kept my pump just in case that new-fangled electricity didn’t do the job properly

I’ve still got all those lovely lead tubes, and they usually still work, but I’ve also got lots of little motors  -  hinged with white leather, to flap open and shut to let air through  -  and these now are showing their age and don’t always work 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer madness

A book about me!

Wind (not a repeat!)